Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

REASON FOR EVERY SEASON


Recently I had complained to Hubby that am tired of my office, tired of my colleagues, tired of work and even tired of living in Naija. Am actually a contract staff in an office many people crave to be in, but i get to be treated as a youth corper sometimes because I had served there…apparently, some of my superiors have a hard time recollecting that I passed out from national service about a year ago, I get to be sent on photocopying and dispatch errands (mtsheeeeew!!!!). Most days, I get back home soooooo tired and worn out that I snooze off on the living room couch like an athlete who ran a decathlon and forget that hubby likes coming home to a well prepared dinner.

Last two weeks, it got so hard that I packed my bags and headed off to the UK for a week to escape what I thought were my troubles…ok, didn’t really escape from the office..cos I got calls and even facebook inboxes from the office for “Buy me green shoes… Buy me this…Buy me that”. I still came back to face my woes.

But over this week, I’ve come to realize that what I called my woes were actually my climbing steps. There is actually something good I can gather from the experience but I am hopeful that tomorrow would be better than today. Things we actually worry about are the small things in life that can easily be ignored. What matters is that you have a vision and the belief/faith that will carry you on to that vision..(at this juncture…am like , preach on preacher!!!..lol), yeah, but I really preach to myself sometimes, I need that good dose of reality medicine to keep me sane and going.

Indeed, there is a reason for every season…just like when I was in a naija university killing my butt to read and pass through law school, I thought my parents were insane for not sending me off to some “aje-butter” American college…hei, but today am so glad I got to see the hard part of life and I learnt how to study in the most un-conducive environment, I can say proudly that I can survive even in the remotest desert.

Situations can either make you stronger or break you, you have a choice, as for me I choose the former. So, I’ve decided not to turn my middle name to depression and take on work and life with a new vigour!

3 comments:

Sisi Yemmie said...

ha ha ha....very funny. Please don't quit jor...its been a year since u finished the NYSC, it might take more time for them to look aat you as an actual staff.

Oluwaseun S. said...

God is you strength. What doesn't break you only makes you stronger. Just keep flying high and higher.

foreversweetlybroken.blogspot.com

eyesoftruth said...

@ sweetly broken..thank u dear

Post a Comment