Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

DRESSED TO KILL!!!!

This post was inspired by the sermon I heard at a church service that I and hubby attended yesterday. I was relaxing ‘jejely’ at home..o after a tiring day at work when hubby came home, he said he wanted to have an early dinner and then he’d go for fellowship at some church in our area…He said that with a grin on his face cos I had earlier accused him of being a “church ashewo”….ok, I didn’t blurt it out literally like that but I had laid it nicely and politely to him the advantages and disadvantages of sticking to a particular religious fold.

In order to be a supportive wife and not nag, I told him I’d tag along…(shio! Afterall, what is good for the goose is equally good for gander). It started off well at the service, at the praise session, I was singing and at same time looking around to take note of my surroundings (Ps..don’t blame me, I was feeling like a green horn) while hubby was dancing seriously.

However, what I did thoroughly enjoy was the message. It was soooo direct! And guess what? It was what my pastor had preached the previous week…. “OUR GARMENTS!” as in PHYSICAL CLOTHES. That was not the first, nor second nor third time I had heard a Pastor complaining about clothes and provocative dancing in the church… I mean terrible dancing..o! not like happy dancing but something like backing the Man of God and shaking your cellulite-laden booty soooo hard till it almost drops, or something like doing “butterfly” and going low when you know you are wearing a mid thigh skirt.(remember the butterfly dance? We used to do it way back in primary and secondary school to TLC songs?)

What about clothes? Oh..truth be told, we women are always guilty..exposing the unmentionables! For me sha, I initially didn’t care, even if I see eighty-nine naked women marching down the street, I wouldn’t flinch cos wetin concern monkey with beauty competition??? But after the service, I talked to hubby and he really made me understand the agony Pastors are passing through..being distracted by near naked women (I know some might argue that if you are in the spirit, you eyes would be made blind to every antics of satan) but we are still humans and haven’t transited to the stage of being spirits, spirits are immortal and I don’t think they have the urge to play “mummy and daddy”..if y’all know what I mean.

Being that we are still humans and our bodies are temples to honour and glorify God, am now convinced that what one wears, actually matters. As much as one doesn’t have to step out looking like a disheveled homeless tramp or wearing next to nothing, the key to getting it right is striking a balance, keeping the occasion in mind and dressing to positively impress, not KILL!!!

4 comments:

Janyl Benyl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janyl Benyl said...

Oh poor pastors! Well said! They are truly humans! And why do they always turn to the pastors to try all their tricks?
LOL @ cellulite laden booty!

Anonymous said...

This post has got me laughing real hard... its true o i am not a fan of bumshaking dance in frony of pastors and please keep it covered especially for church purposes... www.laraecxel.blogspot.com

Che said...

It's really crazy what people wear to church nowadays. I mean, haba. I see some people as they are dressed & I wonder why they were not cautioned by family or friends before stepping off to church. All in the name of fashion. Mschewwwwww. My Pastor has talked about it severally & I don't blame the churches that turn people that are not properly dressed back to go & cover up. Quit enticing the pastors & brothers in church.

Post a Comment