Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

IS IT A SIN TO LOVE FOOD?

I love food, don’t know if it is a good thing or a bad thing (ok, I know it’s a bad thing for my waist line) Abu, chops, lems, mangeriecoco name it what you will but I still love food…. My love for food has certainly increased over the past year. Going through pregnancy, I would salivate at every little platter that crossed my path (apart from tomato stew in the early stages, they made me really nauseous). However, my mum would drum into my ears towards the latter part about having an overweight baby…don’t know which scared most, having a “ten-pounder” or irreparable damage to my “unmentionable” below *rolls eyes*. But the fact is that I don’t even eat large portions or eat myself to stupor, am always moderate …I like to think. I just like the fact that I can put food and by that I mean good food in my mouth and savour the amazing taste.

Here’s a list of my favorite foodies:


1. Party Jollof rice: I love party jollof rice, it’s different from the one that is cooked at home because it’s usually cooked with firewood. The more smoky the flavor, the better. I’ve been known to call up my sister on Saturdays to ask her if she has a wedding to attend, just so I could go eat party rice *shame faced*.


2. Cake: you can bribe me with cake anytime, anyday..My favourite flavours are chocolate and vanilla but I can also make do with fruit cake with fluffy butter icing.


3. Abacha (African salad): I grew up in Enugu state, very popular for the African salad. Made with Tapioca,oil, salt, onions, crayfish etc. My sister and I are partners in crime when it comes to this, when I was about 16 years or so, my sister discovered one abacha joint that was about twenty minutes drive from our house, when our parents were out, she would beg me to take a bike to go get some for her from the joint in return for a plate of Abacha with fish and “ponmo” …of course I always fell bait. The cost of biking to the place was more than the two plates of abacha I usually bought. How I miss Enugu, growing up and the abacha…..lol.


4. Ice-cream: Can’t go wrong with ice-cream, licking ice-cream and watching my favourite program on TV. Coconut and chocolate chip *dreamingly sighing*.


5. Caesar salad: I do have a healthy streak in me. First tried it a couple of years ago and was surprised that I liked it, liked the tangy taste of parmesan cheese with the romaine lettuce. I don’t get to eat it often so I make do with coleslaw. Ok, I think I have to stop now, I really hope it’s not a sin to love food .  


photo of cake from www.cakechannel.com /other photos: google images

3 comments:

Toinlicious said...

Thank God i had lunch but darn that cake looks soo yum #sigh

Che said...

Mehnnnn, that ice cream looks yummilicious. Will probably make abacha this weekend sef. I also love food, but thankfully, it doesn't show on my body. :-)

eyesoftruth said...

yes...i think i have to make abacha this Saturday too hehehe

Post a Comment