Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

DOING SOMETHING I HAVE NOT DONE IN A WHILE




I just came back to the office some minutes ago. It was kinda boring in the office (given that “madam” traveled,  I had made sure I cleared my desk of any work early this week so I’ll be free by today and next week because this is the only holiday as good as I can get anytime soon).

There’s this container shop salon near my office, I pass it on my way home most times so I decided to check it out in my period of “lazy” freedom. It’s been long I patronized that kind of salon…don’t get me wrong, my favourite salon in Enugu used to be a roadside container salon till I moved to Abuja and things changed, there are few of them here and the closest salon near my house is far from that, it is actually an overrated beauty spa that charges loads for under-par service.

Anyhow, I got to this salon and I asked the lady there to take of my weave and do me some good old “washing and sehhtting”…yeah!  that’s the correct pronunciation where I come from lol. She did that and added some good dose of lotta-body (oh! How I’ve missed lotta-body! All kinds of hair mousse everywhere) and then proceeded to roll my hair.
*side-bar*- I haven’t rolled my hair in like five or six years. I have very long full hair that takes gazillion years to dry under a normal hair dryer and between, I had some bad experiences in Enugu where my hair stylist would crank up the dryer to the highest and literally melt my brains out so my stubborn long hair would dry fast given it’s unwilling track record.

So, today I did that washing and setting and sat under a half-broken hair dryer which the stylist made up for by wrapping with a towel. Needless to say, I spent an hour and afterwards, she styled my hair in a bun just like I used to when I was a kid. I totally loved it, it brought back nostalgic memories and besides bun up-dos’ are in vogue.

I really enjoyed doing something I’ve not done in a long while. Variety is truly the spice of life, it is giving me ideas now….I’m thinking of roasting fish for dinner of cooking something I haven’t eaten in a while.
Will I ever go back to the standing dryer?…well, I don’t think so. The persons who invented hand dryers and the act of blow-drying need the noble peace prize.:-)


Photo credit: www.1stwebdesigner.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment