Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

HELP! I NEED A HELP!


Got home two days ago and my help/baby’s nanny told me “aunty, please there’s something I want to tell you”. I finished my dinner preps and asked her what it was she wanted to tell me and she went about this long story of how she got a call from village telling her that her grand-mother collapsed and was rushed to the hospital and how she was told to come back the next day to come and look after her grand-mother in the hospital……see, gist o!

I asked her if her grandmother didn’t have children. Correct me if I am wrong but my darling granny “Esther” God bless her soul, in her last years on earth was taken care of by her kids, she was a retired cook from a Federal Polytechnic and she shuttled between her children’s houses, she would spend a couple of weeks in our house and complain of how her goats in the village were dying of hunger, then my mom would take her to the village where she would stay for few weeks and attend funerals and all them occasions and afterwards my aunt would come and take her to Aba, needless to say she always complained that Aba had human-sized mosquitos that wouldn’t die even with the strongest insecticides. She always rotated round her children’s houses and village and i think that kept her going.

Back to my house-help matter, the babe said her grandmother has many kids all over naija. Next thing I knew, she threw herself to the ground begging  and saying she had lived alone with her grandma in the village. Whether she is saying the truth (Going by her antecedent behaviors my help can form eh! Gist for another day), I do not know but all I know is that I really need someone, being a working mother of a 14-month old son. I am not working just to build a career but to support my young family (my husband ain’t no billionaire). In this Abuja, life isn’t easy on a single income- I don’t know if I can keep begging for money for little things like pepper, salt and baby milk. Besides rent and school fees in this town is off the roof!!! As much I devote time to my work, I made a resolve to also look after my home. I cook all our meals, I bathe my son (morning and night), I pop in sometimes un-announced in between work to see what’s going in the home front. I just need someone to mind my baby a till I come home……I tire for Abuja day-care ( A friend went to pick her baby at the day care and got there in time to see him sucking on another kid’s pacifier…….eww!!! She told me of how the kids just share diseases/illnesses amongst themselves, bikonu…how would I combine hospital round with work and house?…at least lemme do work and home).
I’ve put it in prayers sha….and I’ve told my God who doesn’t fail to bring me someone who is good, fears God and has purpose…not a witch or wickedness personified. I don’t know how our mother did it o! “ko-easy ra ra”. Soon my baby go enter nursery and I won’t have need again for a minder……..but wait o! what or his brothers and sisters??? *bbm rolling on the floor crying smiley*

N:B- Anybody seen that “my oga at the top” video? Abeg, people should free the guy joor. Nigerians can like to drag an issue.

0 comments:

Post a Comment